Friday, October 1, 2010

Angels In America

So I am taking Theater 100 for my fine arts credit, thinking that it was the only remotely interesting fine arts class offered. And it has actually been pretty cool so far.  My professor is awesome, he is very passionate about the theater; and he is even directing one of the plays that we have to go see in a few weeks.   Along with the class, we have to see 4 plays that were given to us in a list; and there are questions about the plays on our exams/final.  Last night, I went to see Angels in America; knowing it was a 3 hour show, and thinking it was going to bore me to death.  Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed it.  I absolutely hate history, but it was an interesting way at looking at how things were back then, with little twists.  The actors were great, especially after reading the program and knowing that most of them played more than one part.  The costumes were great/hilarious at times. And overall I had a pretty good time seeing the movie, with a few inappropriate parts. lol.  So again, since we're all freshman in our english class (I think), I suggest you go see this play if you have the chance, I believe this is the last weekend it is open. So if you have time, go enjoy.  You get 1 free ticket for being a freshman!
:) have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment