Friday, September 10, 2010

Going Home....

So this is college, the whole point is to learn to live on your own, right? So why do so many people go home every weekend? I expected the weekends to be just as busy with people, always doing fun things, and meeting new friends.  Most of my friends have gone home every weekend since we have been here.  What is the point of going to college if you're just going to run home every weekend? That is not growing up to me.  I'm only 1.5 hours away from my hometown, my boyfriend, and some of my really good friends.  Yes, don't get me wrong, I would love to go home and spend time with them a lot, but I believe that college is learning to live without those things, and finding out more about yourself.  I've been going through Greek recruitment these past 2 nights, and the next 3 to come, and I have absolutely loved it so far.  I want to form a relationship with girls that will always be there for me, instead of girls that want to go home to their old lives every weekend.  My roommate is from Michigan, so she doesn't have the option of going home every weekend, and I think it has helped her to have more fun here on campus.  I went home two weeks ago, but it wasn't just because I missed home, which I did, it was to go to a concert that I have had planned since the beginning of summer.  I'm not saying that I'm never going to come home, I can't be away from my boyfriend that long! But I'm just saying that I don't understand why girls/guys want to go home every single weekend? It's a waste of gas if not anything else!

1 comment:

  1. I don't get it either! The most fun I've had since I got here has been on the weekends, just hanging out and meeting new people. I miss my family and boyfriend, but my mom and I skype a couple times a week and I text my boy almost constantly. I don't really feel like I NEED to go home, you know?

    ReplyDelete